**This document is a work in progress. If you find something you'd like to see in the help section, please let us know**
Creating an account :
- From the home page, click the "register" button.
- Enter a username (the alias that will appear on the site), an email address, and a password.
- Apply for a role. If you aren't sure then choose the "student" role.
- Enter your name and phone number, then fill in the boxes on things you can share and things you'd like to learn (this helps us to put together future classes based on what people have an interest in/could possibly teach).
- If you are interested in getting involved some way, let us know by selecting your interest from the drop down box. Please let us know if you are a student at a college or university in the Twin Cities and where. This affects our funding.
- Type the words in the box so we know you're not a robot!
- Click "Create New Account." You should already be logged on! Have Fun!
Applying to Facilitate a Class:
- Scroll to the "Teach" tab at the top of the page. Select "Create A Class."
- Please read the box that pops up. It contains important information about facilitating a class. When you are done click the "X" in the bottom right corner of the box.
- Enter a title and description for your class. Please be as detailed as possible with your description. You don't need a definitive syllabus but you should have some ideas about how the class will go, what the objectives will be, and how the class will be structured.
- Under "Class Times" enter the beginning and end time for your class. Choose the same date (the first day your class will meet) in both boxes.
- Under the "Repeat" section choose the frequency your class will meet and the date of your final class. For example, if my class began on February 22nd, meeting from 6-8PM, and I wanted to meet every week for 5 weeks until April 6th, I'd select "Every" for the frequency and "Weeks" for the period then I'd enter April 6th at 8PM for the end date.
- Enter in any additional time information. If you have an irregular schedule or a particular request enter it here.
- Enter a class minimum size and maximum size.
- Enter the details about the location your class will be held. If you unsure please let us know as much as possible in the Additional Information section. Where generally would you like the class to happen? What type of space do you require? Would you like EXCO to help you find a space? etc..
- Enter your contact info in the lines provided.
- Provide a description of your course-related experience. This is for organizers reviewing applications as well as for students looking to register for a class.
- Fill in the budget request details. See info sheet for more details about budgets.
- Enter a brief description in the "Description" box.
- Select the category most suited for your class, the session you are facilitating, the class status, and the city. For example: Arts/Culture, Spring 2014, Scheduled, St. Paul. If you are committed to teaching the class, select "scheduled.
- Click Save! You've just applied! We'll be in touch with more details!